7/15/2012

David and Psalm 25

Often when I read the Bible, I forget that the people I am reading about really lived. They had the same physical experiences we have: they perspired when they were hot, shivered when they were cold; to stay alive they had to sleep, eat, and breathe. No duh, right? They also experienced the same emotional and spiritual struggles we wrestle with today. Tonight and several recent days I have found that I relate to the words of David in the 25th psalm.

Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions… (Psalm 25:7).
Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses. Look upon my affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins (Psalm 25:16–18).

David went through so many trials in his life and time and time again he cried out to God. In this way I want to strive to be more like David.

Scripture quoted from the King James Version of the Bible. The KJV is public domain in the United States. See version information here: https://www.biblegateway.com/versions/King-James-Version-KJV-Bible/#vinfo.

Post a comment

Note: Comments are open to all—anyone can comment and anyone can read comments. If you'd rather send me a private message, fill out the Contact Form (located just below the Subscribe and Follow by Email sections). The Contact Form works beautifully. I tried it out myself.

Thanks for reading! It's great to hear from you. -J

  1. Wonderful words! I tried the other day to leave a comment and for some reason couldn't prove I wasn't a robot. Anyway, I'm trying again. thank you for posting beautiful thoughts to encourage our hearts.

    julie

    ReplyDelete